New entry... 7.1.09 ... New entry

Entry 1

Writing is hard. Don't believe otherwise. Yes, some parts are simple and don't require much work. But no matter how easy the words are to write (or type), it is hard. Seriously, from the very beginning, I knew that Jayor would die. I went on writing for several years, developing characters and plot alike. Then I got a book on Narnian armor/ weapon design, so I decided to take a stab at writing battle scenes. Obviously, Jayor would die. I was writing in an ordinary composition notebook, but that notebook became alive to me. It was there that I, sword in hand, marched into war alongside my queen and Dansal. It was there that I, first through Jayor, then Spenfalla, stabbed some of my favorite characters. How hard can it be, right?
"Then he was still, his eyes still open, looking at her. There was no life behind them."
That was simple. Stating a fact. But those were some of the hardest words I've ever had to write. Welcome to my life.
Leara

No comments: