New entry... 7.1.09 ... New entry

Entry 6

So I'm reading my book to my little brother, and it's the coolest thing ever. He really didn't know anything about it, except from what I've drawn before. We came to the part in Chapter 1 when Spenfalla meets Leara, but it's before Leara's name is even mentioned.
"Oh! It's Leara!"
"What?"
"The orange dress! It's Leara!"
Cutest thing ever. Anyway, I guess the point I'm making is make sure you can be around people when you write. It's really encouraging, and they can help you too. For example, now I know that I need to explain a little better that they're leaving, and not just hanging out in their hometown. But make sure you don't base everything on what they say. If they know the characters enough, they can give you suggestions. But here's some important stuff on that.
If they suggest something that's not in the character's personality, you could have a problem. Maybe you aren't clearly defining your character, and they got the wrong idea. But if it's something original and you really can't get any of the characters to do it, maybe you should make it happen. If you do, make sure you have a good motive or explanation. Background stories are always fun. Especially if they involve other characters. Just sayin'. Wow, I am really rambling today. I hope you get something out of it.
Leara

1 comment:

Shalanya said...

thas true...


but sadly....

jaime refused to read/listen/know anything about it until.....

almot a year later.

I read her the first two chapters and then we had to go somewhere, and he said, "I'll read chapter 3 sometime later."

and she never has. so yeah. she did help me a lot the day i wrote my first prologue. she was like designing flags and stuff...
of course, that wa whenshe was going to be the main character: either Cleape, or Cleria(i hadn't decided it). It was going to be a "warrior princess" sort of, and then i decided to go with wht i hae now. and jaime didn't like it. so yeah. i'm gonna go now before i write a novel as a comment. lol. so yeah.